NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Back-To-School Link-Up {Day 3}: Cindy's Back-To-School Tip: Medical Alert Wristbands {Guest Post}



Today is the third day of my back-to-school link-up.  I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am!

Here's what I've shared with you so for:
  1. Stacey's Turkey, Cheese and Salsa Wraps (Fish, Egg and Nut-Free, Can Be Milk, Soy and Wheat-Free)
  2. Christy's "Additive-Free" Lunch Box Ideas for Kids
Today I am sharing an awesome back-to-school tip from my friend Cindy! 

~*~*~*~


Image courtesy of Vegetarian Mamma on Facebook
Cindy is the owner and author of Vegetarian Mamma and is a foodie who loves to blog about gluten free, vegetarian/vegan recipes. Her family also focuses on foods that are peanut, tree nut, dairy  and gluten free. Cindy's family is dedicated to finding/creating recipes and products that fit their families allergy needs. Cindy resides in Ohio with her husband and two boys (born '07 & '10). She enjoys spending time with her family, the outdoors, gardening, wine and cooking! Be sure to  follow "Vegetarian Mamma" on Facebook and Twitter @Vegetarianmamma!



It's back to school time and, for many families with food allergies, this time also brings extra preparation.  As a food allergy family, we always take extra steps to help make others aware of our kiddos' allergies.  One of those safety measures is both of my boys wear medical alert wristbands.

Why should your child wear a medical alert bracelet?  That is a great question! I have a few answers to share!  The bracelet brings awareness of their allergies in cases where they might not be able to speak or in cases where they are not old enough to explain their allergies. Most medical professionals will search for a bracelet during their assessment.  The bracelet will provide important information used to help diagnose what is going on and to avoid any further complications. It can save lives!


My youngest son was diagnosed with several food allergies at the age of 18 months and my older son was diagnosed at age 5. Both boys have worn one of these bracelets ever since. I was told that they needed to wear a medical bracelet and I began to search for one that was appropriate for a toddler.  I was super excited when I found the Allerbling bracelets/wristbands!  They are very stylish, even for my little guy. :)  The allergy tabs are customizable to the bracelet!   There are 5 holes to customize on the bracelet.  There is a medical tab and four other spots!  I choose to put my son’s most threatening allergies on the bracelet.  The bracelet is extremely comfortable; it doesn't bother my little guys at all.  They keep it on all the time! Everywhere we go, we get compliments on it.  All of their doctors and paramedics have been able to recognize the tabs on his bracelet!


There is a wide range of medical alert bracelets out there!  With a quick internet search you are sure to find what you are looking for and help keep your child safe!



How do you make others aware of your child's food allergies?


~*~*~*~
 You can connect with Cindy at the following locations:
Image courtesy of Vegetarian Mamma

~*~*~*~
Thanks for being my guest today, Cindy! 

Here is your badge if you'd like to use it:

~*~*~*~
Don't forget to leave Cindy some comment love below and link-up and/or view the posts already linked up!  Thanks!


 ~*~ Now It's Your Turn! ~*~

 
~*~ Grab A Badge! ~*~

 



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Natural and Free.)

2 comments:

  1. That is a cute bracelet. Medical alert bracelets have come a long way from what I had as a kid! At 13 my son won't wear an allergy bracelet/necklace anymore. As hard as it has always been with his allergies as he was little. Facing the teen years with all of their "rebellion" is going to be challenging with allergies. So many things he would do when he was little, he just refuses now. Ugh. --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I look ahead to those teenage years and cringe :) LOL But thankfully we have so many before us that have made it through. We can lean on those! :) Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)