NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, September 21, 2013

"Where Have You Been?"

Image courtesy of Michal Marcol/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Well, I have been, for lack of a better word, busy!  Homeschooling has been a lot more "must keep this schedule" than I thought it would be, i.e. not a lot of room for fluctuation in daily life.  My days are completely full from about 7:30am until 8pm with school, housework, family life, etc. Monday through Friday, Sundays are busy from about 7am until 9pm or so and Saturday...that's kinda my breather day.  I kinda live for about 8pm to 10pm Monday through Friday, but especially for 4pm Friday until 10pm Saturday.  That's the time I feel like I can breathe and relax.  Until then it is a little schedule overload, hence the picture I chose for today's post.

Due to the craziness that is adjusting to new scheduling, I have had to change my blogging schedule.  I am not able to participate in link-ups as much as I'd like to right now, I am not able to read my blogger buddies' posts as quickly as I'd like, I don't get to check as email as quickly as I'd like, etc.  It is not easy for me to have to change so much so quickly, but it is necessary.

Anyway, I just want you all to know that I will normally blog on Saturdays now (hopefully weekly, but I cannot promise that at this point), but a rare blog post on another day will show up from time to time, especially if we are on a break from school, if I have a guest, if I am participating in a link-up, etc.  Also, I will eventually get back to your emails, comments, etc., it may just take a little longer than we'd both like.  I wish it didn't have to be this way, but it cannot be helped at this point in time.  I sure do hope you understand!

I have been asked, with all the crazy, if I regret our choice to homeschool.  Not at all.  It was and is the best choice for my family, and I have seen some very positive changes and learned so much about my boys and how they think and work, you couldn't even begin to imagine!  I am still very impressed with the curriculum, though nothing is perfect, and this is no exception.  I have my "What in the world?!?!?" moments with it and my kids, my moments of wanting to pull my hair out, but I also have my "Wow!  Who knew my kids were so brilliant?" and my "I am so stinkin' proud!" and my "This is great!  I never would've thought to teach my kid that in this way!" moments, too.  I think we've definitely gained a lot more (i.e. one-on-one time with my kids and helping them along in ways I couldn't before) than we've lost (i.e. my sanity at times).  All in all, it is an adjustment, but it has been worth it. :)

Thank you to all of you who have been such an encouragement to me in this transition time!  Your kind words and prayers have helped so much!  It is getting better a little bit each day, and I am finally feeling like we're getting into the groove of things for the most part! :)  Totally makes me feel like a winner, I assure you!

For those of you wondering how all the change has affected my Fibromyalgia, I have had surprisingly little extra pain.  I have had a few overwhelmed, meltdown moments, but since I've had an increase in my Levothyroxine, I am doing a lot better (I can't tell you how not fun it is going through a major routine change when your thyroid levels are off!  YIKES!).  I still have to take myself out of the moment sometimes so that I don't overreact or freak out, but that's ok.  That's as it should be. :)  Praying every morning before we start helps a lot, too!

Before I get back to enjoying some time with the family, I would like to ask you all to continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers about these things:

  1. That homeschooling will continue to improve, and that we will continue to find our groove.  It improves a little every day, and I am confident it will continue on that path.
       
  2. That we will find the proper dosage of Levothyroxine for me (and my son who has also had an increase in his dosage).  This is a must for optimum health!
       
  3. That the allergist will figure out the best way to help my kiddos (my oldest has been there and my other 2 are going in a few weeks) so that we can keep the ickies at bay, know how to keep them healthy (i.e. if we need to change diet or environment, do shots), etc.  I think that keeping them healthy will keep the rest of us healthy, reduce stress, etc.  It is a win-win all around!  (FYI, I love their allergist!  He is GREAT and works with autoimmune disorders.  I may even end up seeing him in future if need be.)
        
  4. That I will learn to just relax and enjoy this homeschooling experience.  I have a tendency to be "perfectionist" and push when I should back off a little at times, and I want to know when to push ahead and when to hold back to help them be successful.  I am learning, but it is not an overnight process!
Thank you all for your support, love and prayers!  They mean the world to me!  If you need anything, including a prayer partner, feel free to email me!  My email is always open!

What's going on in your area of the world?



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

2 comments:

  1. Back to school time is hard! It always takes a bit of time to relax into a new schedule--and your schedule sounds packed! I tend to feel overwhelmed until I hit that point where I'm in a groove. It's wonderful to hear that you are loving home schooling! Yay! I'm so glad!
    As for blogging...we'll find you what ever day you blog and whenver it happens!
    We love you, Julie!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Lisa! :) You just made my week! I appreciate the support so much! Love you gals, too!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)