NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, June 17, 2013

The Distinguished Dads Link-Up {Day3}

~*~ Welcome To The Last Day of ~*~


In honor of Father's Day, I decided to do a link-up similar to what I did for Mother's Day, highlighting some wonderful Dads in my life via open letter and giving you the chance to link-up some "Daddy" posts as well.  I hope you will link-up and join in the fun and spread the word, too (rules below)!  You have until 11:55pm EST tonight to link-up!
On Saturday I wrote an open letter to my husband, Aaron, yesterday I wrote a letter to my Dad, and today I am writing one to my late Grandpa Dale.
~*~*~*~
Dear Grandpa Dale,
How I wish I could wish you a Happy Father's Day face to face!  I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since you passed away!  I miss you so very much!

I am so glad you got to live long enough to see your first great-grandchild born.  I know it threw you for a loop when we told you that his middle name was Dale after you.  I still remember you tearing up on the phone, so thrilled, so honored and so humbled all at once.  It is a moment I will never forget.

I remember the first time you saw Stephen.  You were so thrilled that he was little enough to hold and not protest! :D  I could tell you loved him with all your heart and more, and would do your best to be the best great-grandpa in the world!  I could just see it going through your mind about all the things you would teach him and share with him.  We didn't know then that you would not live long enough to see his 2nd birthday, but you were that amazing great-grandpa to him in the time you had with him!


My Grandpa About Two Months Before He Died With His Name Sake, January 2004



I also remember the last time you got to hold Stephen and the last time we saw you alive.  We knew things weren't looking good, but you were still mostly yourself and we had a great time with you!  I am so grateful that Stephen let you hold and cuddle him!  Those pictures will always be the nearest and dearest to my heart!  I am so glad that you knew I was expecting again and got to hear about your first great-granddaughter's birth (my brother's oldest), too.  What an amazing time that was!
There is not a day goes by that I don't miss you and think about what a wonderful, godly man's man you were.  I tell my boys stories about your love for God, your legacy and the crazy and fun things you did with us (We always had so much fun laughing and sharing together!).  It is my hope that my boys will do you and their Lord proud...and so far, it looks like they are well on their way!
I love you, Grandpa, and miss you so very much!  I can't wait to see you again one day!


Much Love,

~*~*~*~
Now It's Your Turn! 
~*~*~*~
Grab A Badge!


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the gracious invitation. I've happily linked-up my ribs here. Also just passed your site address along to my neighbour who has fibro as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking up! I appreciate it! Those ribs sound SO good!!!

      Thanks for passing along the site to your friend, too. I hope it will help your neighbor!

      Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

      Delete
  2. We are so happy to link up with you, Julie (although we really, REALLY hope that nobody takes our suggestion for gift giving!)
    Wonderful link up!! -The Dose Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up, ladies! :) Really, the post is great, and perfect on so many levels! I can't think of a man out there that wouldn't appreciate your post! :) (But, yes, I hope they don't follow your "suggestion" either! LOL)

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)