NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Distinguished Dads Link-Up {Day 2}

~*~ Welcome To Day 2 of ~*~


In honor of Father's Day, I decided to do a link-up similar to what I did for Mother's Day, highlighting some wonderful Dads in my life via open letter and giving you the chance to link-up some "Daddy" posts as well.  I hope you will link-up and join in the fun and spread the word, too (rules below)!
Yesterday I wrote an open letter to my husband, Aaron, and today I am writing a letter to my Dad.
~*~*~*~
Dear Dad,
Happy Father's Day!
I don't say it often enough, but you're a great Dad!

My Parents, 2012

You have always been there for me, always wanted what was best for me and, to this day, offer me advice when I need it.  I cannot thank you enough for raising me to fear and love the Lord and for showing me what unconditional love is.  I know you pray for me and my family daily, too, and that means more than I can ever say!
Do you remember the day you became a grandpa?
My Dad Becomes A Grandpa For The First Time, October 2002
I can remember you being afraid to hold your first grandchild, sure you would break him, but the look of joy and awe on your face I will never forget.  I knew you loved him the instant you saw him, though you have always been a man of few words and didn't say anything elaborate or eloquent to that effect.  It didn't matter - your face told the whole story.  I knew you would love that little boy forever and pray for him and help guide him from that day forward, and it was more than enough for this new momma.
I always love watching you play with the kids.

Grandpa Playing With His Grand Kids, October 2008

I'm not sure who enjoys it more, them or you.  They sure do love their Grandpa/Papa/Boppa!  It thrills my heart to see you wrestle and chase them and make them giggle and squeal.  There is nothing like time with you!
I think they love your stories as much as I did when I was a kid, too.

Grandpa Telling Stories Around The Campfire, June 2011

You could always tell a story, and it is one of my fondest memories to hear you tell stories when I was a little girl.  I am so glad that my kids and nieces and nephews get the same privilege!

Did you ever think that you'd be the grandfather to 8, soon to be 9?


The Whole Crew, April 2012


 I can hardly believe it myself!  What a blessing!  It is so great that they have a godly man to look up to.  They have a heritage that is priceless, and I hope that they grow to appreciate that even more than they do today. I love you, Daddy!  I don't know where I'd be today without your influence in my life.  Your faithful service to God over the years has made an impact on my life that cannot be compared to anything else.  I am so blessed to have that kind of role model not only for myself, but for my children, too.  Thank you for loving the Lord and following Him no matter what, and thank you for all you do for Him and for this family.  We'd be lost without you!

Love,

~*~*~*~
Now It's Your Turn! 
~*~*~*~
Grab A Badge!


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invite girl! Hope your special guys in your life have a great day!!! Loved reading up on your family - so special

    Have a great Sunday! <3 Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking up! :) We are certainly doing our best to make the Dads in our lives feel spoiled and special today!

      Have a great Sunday, too, my friend! <3

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)