NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet (Soy, Wheat, Nut, Fish and Egg-Free, Can Be Milk-Free)


Here's another great meat lover's skillet for you all that tastes like a bacon cheeseburger (sans bun) and fries all rolled into one!  It's a one pot wonder, too, which gives this easy meal even more brownie points!  Did I mention it makes a ton, too, and is great for a crowd?  Oh, yah, baby!  Gotta love that! :) 

This recipe is soy (if you use all soy-free ingredients), wheat, nut, fish and egg-free and can be milk-free (see variations).

Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet

 12 slices soy-free bacon, but into bite-sized pieces (I recommend Hormel Natural Choice)
   
1 to 2 lbs. ground chuck or venison
   
1 large onion, diced (optional)
  
2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine (optional)
  
4 to 6 mini potatoes (red, yellow or white - your choice), chopped into bite-sized cubes (peeled or not if your call)
   
parsley flakes
  
salt
  
pepper
  
paprika
  
shredded cheddar cheese

  1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until it is about 1/2 done; about 5 to 10 minutes.
       
  2. Add burger, onion and garlic (if using) and cook until the hamburger is done; about 10 to 15 more minutes. (Note: Amount of burger is based on preference. You can season with salt and pepper at this point, if you wish.)
      
  3. If needed, drain the fat (you need about 2 Tablespoons of fat or so total) before adding the potatoes, parsley flakes, salt, pepper and paprika (all spices to taste), covering the skillet and continuing to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are cooked to preferred doneness.  (Note: You will want to taste you burger mixture a few times to make sure that your seasonings are as you want them.  Remember to start with less than you think you will need.  You can always add more later!  Also, you may want to turn down the heat slightly at this point if the potatoes are browning on the outside and not cooking on the inside.)
      
  4. Uncover the skillet and cook about 5 more minutes to crisp up the potatoes.
      
  5. Top individual portions with cheese (amount based on preference) and serve immediately.
Makes anywhere from 10 to 15 servings, depending on size.


 


Variations (please keep your individual allergen needs in mind when using substitutions):
  • Milk-Free:  This recipe is also great without the cheese or you could try a dairy-free cheese.


  • Extra Toppings:  Anything you like on a cheeseburger/hamburger is great on this.  You could add lettuce, tomato, ketchup, BBQ sauce, mayo, mustard...The list is endless!
      
  • Hamburger/Cheeseburger Skillet: If you don't like bacon, you can certainly leave it out.
     
Easy, right?  Delicious, too!  I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
What's your family's favorite go-to meal?
What's your favorite one pot meal?
What is your favorite fast food copy-cat meal?


(This recipe was originally posted on my original site, Natural and Free.)





8 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy, Julie. I can't wait to try this one. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! It was a big hit with the kiddos especially. I hope you all enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. {Melinda} My family would LOVE this!! I'm going to try it out next week and let you know, Julie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Can't wait to hear what they think! :) I hope it's a big hit!

      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. Oh, my GOSH this sounds good!! I love the idea of eating a cheeseburger but not the bread...in a way that's satisfying. YUMMY!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think it's pretty tasty...but I might be a little biased. :) I hope you get to try it and that your family loves it!

      Thankis for stopping by, Lisa!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE skillet meals! This one looks yummy! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! I love skillet meals, too! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, and hoping to join you tomorrow!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)