NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Twenty-Two Days of Thanks: Day Seventeen

What am I thankful for?
  1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
  2. My family
  3. My church
  4. My friends
  5. Unexpected opportunities
  6. My country
  7. The four seasons
  8. Answered prayer
  9. Food
  10. Forgiveness
  11. Freedom
  12. Laughter
  13. Modern medicine
  14. Technology
  15. Quiet moments
  16. Dates
  17. Hunting season

***WARNING!  THIS POST CONTAINS PICTURES OF DEAD DEER!***

I know there are probably some anti-hunting or vegan/vegetarian people reading this blog that just got either majorly offended or grossed out over my being grateful for hunting season. I have a sister-in-law who is a vegetarian who finds it gross, so I get that.  I understand if you don't agree and that's ok, but I am a meat-eater, and any way that we can get our meat without having to buy it from the store is a good thing! You don't get any more natural than killing it yourself! Sorry if I offended you, I am, but I'm just being honest here. :)

2005

At any rate, every year, my hubby goes out hunting. It's been this way since about the year after we got married, so about 2001-ish.  He struggled at first, but now he normally gets at least one deer each hunting season. I am grateful that God has chosen to bless us in this way.

2006
Some years he gets lucky and gets two or three deer.  Now I want you all to know that, if we can't use it or know someone else who can, we don't kill it.  He isn't the type of hunter who kills for sport; he kills for food.  We think that's what hunting was meant for and what is good and right.


2008
2007
















Anyway, most years, as you can see, hubby gets to face the ice and snow.  I'm so grateful that he is willing!  It means the world to me to have a hubby who is willing to face the elements to provide for his family!  What a great guy! :)

 
2009
2011

Thank You, Lord, for providing for us with meat for our freezer that will last us months!  It helps so much with the grocery bill!  It is such a blessing to have this gift from You!  Thank You, too, for the years we are able to provide meat for others.  It's so wonderful to be a blessing to other families!


2012

Thank you, hubby, for being such a wonderful provider!  I'm so blessed to have a hubby who is willing to sit out in the cold, damp and quiet for hours to provide for us.  You are a gift from the Lord, and I don't know what I'd do without you! XOXOXO...
 May you have a blessed and grateful weekend!


~ What  are you grateful for? ~

Share your story below or link it up on my Twenty-Two Days of Thanks page (it's the bottom link in the left sidebar). I'd love to hear from you!



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

2 comments:

  1. Deer meat is very good thing to have. Congrats on getting some for this season. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! Thank you! :) It's being processed as we speak. If hubby happens to get any more, we've got some families in mind to give them to. :) We're hoping we can be a blessing in that way. We'll see how it turns out.

      Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)