NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Image courtesy of Michal Marcol / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Have you ever felt like you're just beyond stretched?  Like it's just go, go, go?  That's my life lately.  I am just so crazy busy there's not much time to breathe...And it's been interesting.
For those of you who don't know, busy can be very bad for those with Fibromyalgia.  If you let yourself get too worn out, you are more susceptible to illness, to pain, to stiffness, to severe fatigue, etc.  It's kinda like having Mono or CMV in that respect, except Fibromyalgia can be and often is a lot more debilitating.
So far, I have fared well with my busy schedule.  I have done amazingly well with my new vitamins and have had a lot less fatigue, stiffness and pain since starting them, even with the cold weather. :) That thrills me beyond words! 
But it's not just the vitamins helping.  It's the prayers, the rest (I have been going to bed about an hour earlier than normal at least and taking a lot of breaks throughout the day), trying to eat right and the help and emotional support.  You'd be amazed what the right attitude and a helping hand can do for someone with Fibromyalgia!  A thankful spirit is the best medicine for me, and so is a thoughtful word expressed by someone who truly does care.  It makes a world of difference.
You may have noticed that I've taken a little bit of a break from my recipe blog, Natural and Free.  It's not because I haven't been coming up with recipes or stopped researching or am being lazy.  Oh, no!  I've got major things I've been working on for it which I'll share in just a second.  I've been holding off on posting for 4 reasons:
  1. To give my blogger buddy, Stacey, a little more time in the limelight. :)  I mean, if you haven't checked out that awesome recipe she shared, you simply must!  It's delish!
  2. To give myself a little break before all the fun begins with me hosting the BeanChat on Gevalia on Facebook on Thursday (more info coming), and before Stacey's and my fun Christmas link-up that I'll share in just a moment because that's going to be non-stop fun for nearly 2 weeks!
  3. To give myself a little more family time amidst the craziness and to decorate the house with them for Christmas (still a work in progress).
  4. To give myself time to cook for the fun Christmas link-up so that I have recipes to share with pictures! :)
Ok, so now to explain a few of those things above.
First, the BeanChat.  On Thursday, November 29th - that's just 2 days from now - I will be hosting the BeanChat over at Gevalia Coffee on Facebook!  It runs from 9am to 10am CST/ 10am to 11am EST. 
What is the BeanChat?  Well, it's basically a chat room where we discuss 10 different topics that I have chosen at random, one topic at a time, for an hour.  They aren't all coffee related, so don't think you have to be a huge fan of coffee to join in. ;)  It should be a lot of fun!
Anyway, if you'd like to join me, and I hope you will, follow this link: http://www.facebook.com/GevaliaCoffee and then click on the "BeanChat" icon up at the top of the page or you can try this link to go directly to the BeanChat: 
Secondly, the Christmas link-up I keep talking about.  May I present to you:

From December 1st (this Saturday!) through December 12th, my friend Stacey at Glued to My Crafts and I (via Natural and Free) will be hosting The 12 Days of Christmas {Goodies} link-up!  You can submit your favorite goodies (edible and non), Christmas crafts, how to wrap presents - anything Christmas themed is allowed!  You can even submit as many entries as you like, and trust me, you'll want to...Keep reading!
On December 13th, we will be announcing our 5 favorite goodies on our blogs, so make sure you follow both of our blogs so you don't miss out on any of the fun and excitement!
But there's even MORE!
As a thank you to everyone who links up, we are giving away (courtesy of Stacey) ONE $12 gift card to Starbucks at random (via random.org), so the more you link-up, the more chances you have to win!
And, to those who do not win but get featured on our Top 5 Link-ups on December 13th, we will be offering Ad Space and Guest Post options!
You think we'd be done spreading the Christmas cheer then, huh?  Think again!
On December 13th, we will also be having yet another giveaway with some great vendors!  Merry Christmas, blogger style! :)
I'm telling you, it's going to be one amazing (though extremely busy) December! :)
I've got other things coming up, too, like guest bloggers and I'll also be guest blogging places, but don't worry, my readers.  I'll still be here and you are still in my thoughts and prayers. :)  Busy or not, after God, my family and church, you are my top priority! :)
Now, unfortunately, I need to go.  My 2 year old needs me and my laundry room is a disaster (it flooded, but hubby is getting off work early to help me clean it all up - I've done what I can until he gets here).  I hope you all have an amazing Tuesday and that you will be able to join me on Thursday on the BeanChat and/or Saturday (and beyond) for the amazing link-up on Natural and Free and Glued to My Crafts! :)


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

10 comments:

  1. {Kathy} What a great perspective on how business affects our lives. I find the need to slow down when things get too busy just to FOCUS. Then, I am better equipped to handle life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more, Kathy! It is easy to lose focus in the midst of the busy! Sometimes slowing down is crucial.

    Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a comment! :) I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a link-up! Who can't use more options for good holiday treats, crafts, etc.
    Glad you are giving yourself some break time...you deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're really excited about it! :) Should be a blast.

      Delete
  4. I had mono when I was teaching and in grad school...it was horrible! I can only imagine how hard some days with Fibro can be! I'm glad you are managed it so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Mono and teaching? Wowzers! Not a fun combo!

      Thank you for the compliment, but some days, I don't manage it so well. Some days it's like surviving a battle, and I just want to wave the white flag in surrender, not caring if the enemy shoots me! I try to stay focused on what's important (my family) and that helps, though. :)

      The longer I have Fibro, the more I meet with it or another chronic condition, the more I realize how strong you have to be to be a survivor. It's not weak work! Yes, Fibro won't kill me, but man there are days you want to die...and that's when my stubbornness kicks in and says, "Oh, no you don't!" and the will to thrive renews itself. I am grateful for that. :)

      Each day I learn more and I am finding more (relatively) pain-free days as long as I follow the rules. I am so grateful for these, and I hope that my journey can help others in theirs. :)

      Delete
  5. We all need a break from time to time. I also find that the holiday season adds so much more stress on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does, and often it is the kind that comes from the invisible source. We think we're expected to do this and that, but when asked who expects that of us, we often find out that no one requires it of us but ourselves. Holidays are the time of year I really have to step back and say, "Ok. What's important here?" If I don't, I get caught up in the doing, if that makes sense.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. You do sound busy! Be sure you take time to rest, along with all that other stuff! Can't wait for the 12 days of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! :) Life has been crazy, but I'm finding my groove!

      If you're talking about our link-up, that's going on right now. :) If you're talking about the actual 12 Days of Christmas, I honestly don't know when they officially start. LOL I'll have to Google that. :) If you're talking about the song, I recommend the Straight No Chaser version. :D It's the best in my un-biased opinion! :D

      Have a great week!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)