NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, June 22, 2012

No-Bake Cookies (Fish, Soy, Egg and Wheat-Free)




(Note: Recipe originally posted around the holidays.)

I love this time of year. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's have always been "family time" holidays. I don't love the slippery roads, but snow is so beautiful. It makes the world seem fresh and new and pure.

This is one of the recipes that my mom gave me that has been a family favorite forever. I'm not sure where or who it originated with, but I know that she'd made them for as long as I can remember. My husband, along with anyone else who has ever eaten them, raves over these every time they are made. I hope that you enjoy them as much as we do. :)

Please note that this recipe is soy-free (if you use all soy-free ingredients) and is fish, egg and wheat-free (This recipe can be gluten-free if you use gluten-free oats.).

No-Bake Cookies
2 Cups white sugar

1/2 Cup salted, full-fat butter

1/2 Cup milk

1/4 Cup cocoa

Dash of salt

1/3 to 1/2 Cup smooth, natural peanut butter (I recommend Smucker's)

 1 teaspoon vanilla

3 Cups quick or old-fashioned oats

1. Combine sugar, butter, milk, cocoa and salt in large pot (Think soup pot or spaghetti pot, not sauce pan).

2. Bring contents to a rolling boil under medium heat, stirring constantly.

3. Boil and stir for 1 minute.

4. Stir in peanut butter, and keep stirring until it is melted.

5. Once peanut butter is melted, remove from heat and add vanilla.

6. Stir in oatmeal.

7. Quickly spoon out by tablespoons (larger or smaller depending on preference) onto wax paper and allow to cool.

8. Enjoy! :)


There are always the days when these cookies just seem to not want to set up for whatever reason. If that happens, you can do one of 3 things. Either stick them in the freezer (You will end up with very soft no-bake cookies, but at least you can eat them with your fingers! :) ) or you can scoop/scrape them into a bowl and use them as a thick sauce for ice cream topping or just eat them with a spoon as is. Any way you have them, in the words of Rachael Ray, YUM-O! :)


(This recipe was originally posted on my original site, Natural and Free.)



4 comments:

  1. I love No Bake Cookies! Must try these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for the comment! If you do try them, I hope you adore them! :)

      Delete
  2. This is perfect for the upcoming holidays!! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) We had 101 awesome recipes! What a great resource we are creating!! Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    The winner of the Domata prize pack will be announced Thursday at the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my thinking! Never too early to be thinking about holiday baking, right? :) Thanks for stopping by and for the comment. I will be by again this Friday for sure! Always a pleasure.

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)